Sixth Annual Conference
Thursday, Nov. 6 - Saturday, Nov. 8, 2014
Confirmed plenary speakers:
- Amber Boehnlein - Division Director, Scientific Computing Applications, Head of Scientific Computing, SLAC Nat’l Accelerator Laboratory
- Albina Borisevich - Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Raychelle Burks - Doane College
- Lucia Fernandez-Ballester - University of Nebraska
- Kamlesh Lulla - NASA, Director of University Collaborations and Partnerships and Chief Scientist for Earth Observation
- Lydia Sohn - University of California - Berkeley
- Yanning Sun - IBM Yorktown Heights
- Sarah Tolbert - University of California - Los Angeles
- Michelle Waite - University of Nebraska public relations
Registration for the 2014 meeting has been incredible! We have reached maximum capacity and were thus forced to close registration. Please contact Verona Skomski (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions. We are looking forward to meeting you in Lincoln in November!
Registration is now open!!!
This year's conference will again highlight progress in the quest for new materials and nanoscience. Our theme hence is "Nano Rising 2014". We invite reserach active undergraduate students in physical sciences to attend this conference. If you are currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in physics, chemistry, engineering, astronomy or related STEM disciplines, then this conference is for you! Please check this website frequently for updates.
This year's WoPhyS conference will be held in partnership with the Nebraska Materials Research Science and Engineering Center (MRSEC) and the Center for Nanohybrid Functional Materials (CNFM). Support is also provided by Nebraska EPSCoR, the Nebraska Center for Materials and Nanoscience (NCMN), the AMO Program of Excellence, UNL's Office of Research and Economic Development, and UNL's College of Arts & Sciences.
Materials Research Science and Engineering Center (Nebraska MRSEC)